Massage Therapy in Council Bluffs
At Mouw Family Chiropractic, we are pleased to offer massage therapy to compliment your chiropractic care in Council Bluffs. Our licensed massage therapist, Lisa Venhaus, is available Monday through Saturday for massage appointments.
Get To Know Lisa Venhaus, LMT
Lisa Venhaus, our licensed massage therapist, grew up in Lincoln, NE. with four brothers whom she credits for the beginning of her passion for massage. It was common for them to have 2-day sports practices, hard workouts, physical jobs, and even sunburns. Even then, they were receiving the healing touch of a young budding LMT.
After careers in printing and sales, she decided to follow her hearts passion to attend Midwest School of Massage, which she graduated from.
Her instructor was lucky enough to receive a massage from Lisa. “Getting a massage is like no other when you experience the Lisa Touch,” He stated.
Scheduling and Pricing
Lisa Venhaus does accept both current practice members as well as non-practice members. To schedule your appointment, click here. If you’re a new patient you will create a new account and fill out your paperwork online at that time.
- 30 minute massage $40
- 60 minute massage $70
- 90 minute massage $105
Synergy Hot-Stone Massage
- 60 minute hot stone massage $85
- 90 minute hot stone massage $120
- Monday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- Or by request with Lisa
Mouw Family Chiropractic also offers packages. Save 10% when you purchase a package of 5 or more.
Benefits of Massage in Council Bluffs
Massage therapy uses a variety of techniques to manipulate the body’s joints and soft tissues to improve physical function and relieve pain. Many conditions can be addressed using massage therapy, including:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Release Nerve Compression (Carpal Tunnel/Sciatica)
- Greater Flexibility and Range Of Motion
- Relief For Tight Muscles (Knots)
- Back pain
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Headaches and migraines
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Muscle Discomfort, Tension and Related Conditions Such as Spasms, Strains and Sprains
- Neck pain
- Poor sleep quality
- Post-injury and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Stress relief and associated conditions
Types of Massage
Lisa offers several different massage techniques, each with its own benefits. You should discuss with Lisa which is the best option for you.
- Swedish Massage: Swedish Massage is designed specifically to relax your muscles. With pressure applied on the muscles and around the bones, Swedish massage can enhance the oxygen flow in the blood and speed the removal of toxins from the muscles in the body.
- Swedish massage aids in flushing out lactic acid, uric acid and other toxins from the tissues. These toxins are responsible for those painful knots some people may experience. Through this type of massage, the ligaments and tendons become more flexible. Your skin and nervous system are also stimulated, helping to relieve emotional and physical stress.
- Reflexology: Reflexology addresses imbalances of the feet and hands. With this type of massage therapy, blockages are released and free flow of energy is restored to specific areas of the body that correlate to points in the feet and the hands. This massage is a focused form of acupressure, which helps improve circulation, detoxifies the blood and aids in proper nerve functioning. This therapy heals and revitalizes your entire body.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Deep Tissue Massage is designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles. Deep tissue massage is often recommended for individuals who experience consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity, such as athletes, and patients who have sustained physical injury.
- Shiatsu: Shiatsu is an old, traditional, Japanese healing method also known as acupressure or “finger pressure.” This form of massage technique can oftentimes be confused with acupuncture. During a Shiatsu massage, the LMT will apply pressure with his/her thumbs, fingers, and plans to specific areas that are considered the body’s meridians or energy channels. This type of massage helps to balance an individual’s energy flow and strengthen the vital organs.
MASSAGE OFFICE HOURS
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 5:30pm
8:00am - 10:00am